HOW WE WORK
Professional estate administration is essential on the death of a family member or other loved acquaintance. It is a stressful time in your life, particularly when there is increased uncertainty from the rise in contesting wills in courts. At Fox and Thomas we like to help executors with all the legal and practical aspects of the process of the administration of an estate.
Fox and Thomas Lawyers provide carefully considered advice that will not only deal with the distribution of the personal assets, but also assist with the transition of business assets to the intended beneficiaries.
The types of steps necessary in estate administration
Administering an estate can often be a series of commercial steps or transactions to deliver to the beneficiaries their entitlement under a will.
These steps might include:
Call us to see if we have the will or if we can assist you in finding the will.
Review the will to see if there are any directions on burial or necessary steps to be taken before the funeral
Celebrate the life of the deceased.
Contact us for a mutually convenient time for the executors to meet with us and to discuss the contents of the will.
We can accommodate interstate executors by using video or telephone meetings.
We will assist you in preparing for an initial meeting so we can give you a practical and realistic assessment of the estate.
At the initial consultation, we can assist you in:
- determining whether we need to apply for a grant of probate or letters of administration;
- determining whether we have any interstate matters which need to be dealt with in Courts or other institutions;
- how much of the estate administration you can attend to;
- helping you understand your role and obligation as an executor or your rights and entitlements as a beneficiary; and
- taking a practical, sensitive and common sense approach towards the administration of the estate to work with you and to make the process as seamless as possible in what can often be difficult circumstances.
Have Any Questions?